“Feel The Rainbow, Taste The Rainbow”

fruit

I’m sure when you all saw the title you might have thought I was talking about skittles huh?

Not today. Unfortunately for some it is about fruits and vegetables.

When we were all younger I am almost positive that we all had our most disliked vegetable. But now as we grow older we start to realize that all those times when our parents were being “mean” that they were really right all along.

Incorporating fruits and veggies into your diet is one of the most important things someone should do.  They both have so much vitamins and minerals that allow our bodies to perform every day to day duties.  Without them our body would sooner or later shut down and there would be no energy for the body to feed off of.  Adults should have 1 1/2 to 2 cups of fruits and 2 1/2 to 3 cups of vegetables.  Another thing to keep in mind is the amount of colors that should take up your plate when eating a meal.  The more colors the more healthy and amount of nutrients that you are consuming.  It is also said that when trying to get younger children to eat fruits and vegetables, that using a wide variety of colors like red, blue, orange and yellow, turns into eye candy for young children.